Central Coast Renaissance Festival
Guild Rules and Regulations
- Faire Hours: Saturday, July 20th, 10 am-6 pm & Sunday, July 21st, 10 am- 5 pm.
- Check-In: 12 noon-10 pm on Friday, July 19th & 8 am-9 am on Saturday, July 20th.
- Parking Passes: Parking passes will be issued at Check-In. There will be a $5.00 charge per vehicle.
- Parking: Parking is allowed in designated areas only. No parking in fire lanes or at the dog park.
- Set-Up: Set-up begins on Friday, July 19th at 12 noon. All Guild sites must be completed and vehicles off site by Saturday, July 20th at 9 am. Vehicles are allowed on site 7 am-9 am.
- Tear-Down: Tear-down will begin following Closing Parade & security run-through on Sunday, July 21st. Vehicles will be allowed on site only after security has authorized entrance.
- Theme: Your Guild site and Guild members should be 16th Century Elizabethan period appropriate. No plastic tubing, modern awnings, tarps, ice chests or the like should be visible. Your costume/garb should likewise be 16th Century appropriate. Modern clothing, cell phones, sunglasses, wrist watches, cigarettes, etc., are prohibited during normal faire hours & must remain out of sight of patrons at all times. Unnatural hair colors must be covered and face piercings minimized.
- Pirates and Privateers: NO PIRATES OR PRIVATEERS!!! Piratical apparel and decorations are prohibited during regular festival hours. This includes but is not limited to pirate hats, pirate style clothing, pirate flags, skull & cross bone accoutrements or decorations. If you have any questions as to whether your prop or style of dress is appropriate, please contact the Guild Coordinator before you show up for faire. It should be noted that the public has the option to dress in any costume or period of attire that they deem appropriate for the festival. Faire participants/Guild members must follow costume guidelines. Management has the final say in guild yard and attire. Management also reserves the right to hire groups to work for History Revisited in whatever style of dress that management deems appropriate.
- Wristbands: Wristbands will only be given out at Check-In. A valid photo ID will be required and everyone must sign for their own wristband. There will be a $5.00 charge for replacement wristbands. Wristbands must be worn on your wrist at all times. Exceptions to this rule must be cleared by the Guild Coordinator. You may not use leather wristband holders.
- Gate Lists: Guild lists are due no later than 30 days prior to the event. Gate list size may be limited this year, based on the need of the event. The Guild Coordinator will work with the Guild Master/Mistress in determining the appropriate size for your Guild.
- Fire Regulations: The following fire regulations will be strictly enforced: Every Guild structure will need to be certified as fire retardant by the local Fire Marshal or Fire Inspector. Fire retardant should be purchased and sprayed on your Guild structure prior to the event and a fire certification available on request. Every 10×10 structure (100 square feet) needs to have a 2A10BC fire extinguisher. No fires, open flames, candles or lanterns will be allowed within the Guild structures or on the festival site, per San Luis Obispo City Fire regulations. There will be a barbeque pit and fire wood available for your use, within the park.
- Camping: We will make every effort to accommodate you to the best of our ability and will continue to inform you as camping options become available. Because this is our first year at this site, camping will be limited, and on a first come, first served basis. History Revisited will be provide 75 parking spots for self-contained units. Self-contained units include RV’s, pop up tent trailers and the like, that do not require outside water or power. There is no water or power available in the park. Each Guild site will also be able to accommodate up to 3 Guild members for the purpose of spending the night and securing the Guild’s possessions and valuables. For those of you that would prefer to camp in a larger groups and have fire pits, electricity, water and showers, El Chorro Regional Park is 20 minutes away from the festival site and has 63 campsites available for overnight camping. There are also many local hotels/motels in the immediate area.
Local Guilds: Please be considerate of out of town Guilds/participants that travel long distance to faire. If you can go home at night and return in the morning, please consider this as an option.
- Smoking: There is absolutely no smoking allowed on the festival site, per city ordinance.
- Laguna Lake: Laguna Lake is off limits to all participants of the Central Coast Renaissance Festival. You may enjoy the view and scenery, but please stay out of the lake.
- Gate Duty: Each Guild will be required to participate in “meet and greet” at front gate. Each Guild will be assigned for a period of one hour. A minimum of three representatives from each Guild will be needed to take tickets, hand out programs, stamp hands, peace tie weapons and create a lively atmosphere in welcoming our guests.
- Parades: Each Guild will be responsible for providing at least 1/3 of their membership for participation in designated parades.
- Morning Notes: The Guild Master/Mistress or his/her designee is required to attend morning notes both Saturday and Sunday at 9 am. Announcements, issues regarding security, schedule changes, teardown, and any problems, will be discussed at this meeting.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed at this event. Service animals are allowed with a minimum of 10 days approval prior to the event.
- Minors: Minors (under 21) are the responsibility of their Guild. The Guild must provide adult line of supervision of their minors at all times.
- Weapons: Weapons must be peace tied.
- Quiet Time/After Hours: Quiet time on festival site, camping site and surrounding areas is 10 pm. All after hours events need to be approved by Festival Event Management prior to the gathering and start of the faire. Remember, this will be our first event at this site and we will want to provide a favorable impression to the city and the outlying neighbors so that we will be asked back.
- Security: Security will be provided for all areas of the event site. However, History Revisited, their officers, volunteers and agents are not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen articles.
- Drugs and Alcohol: History Revisited has a zero tolerance for the use or possession of illegal drugs and these are prohibited in the park and city. Alcohol consumption is prohibited for those participants under the age of 21 years.
- Federal, State and Local Ordinances: All participants shall comply with all Federal, State and Local Ordinances. Especially regarding minors and drinking, use of controlled or illegal substances. Any violation of the law is a cause for immediate expulsion from the festival and/or arrest.
- The Guild Master/Mistress or his/her designee is responsible for making sure that each Guild member is aware of the rules and expectations of the Central Coast Renaissance Festival. By attending this festival, you give expressed permission to be photographed, recorded and allow those photographs and recordings to be used in future advertising. This also includes all members of your Guild.
- History Revisited has final say in all matters and reserves the right to exclude or remove any Guild or Guild member from the Central Coast Renaissance Festival site.